Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smokin' Rib Shack

The sun was shining....My forehead was burned...a long day was had at the soccer fields watching my daughter's U12 team play in a tournament...um, they didn't do all that well, but all of the girls played their hearts out.

Next stop, ROCKFEST 2011 at Our Savior Lutheran Church East Bay Campus. As we pulled into the parking lot my eyes began to get wider and wider. What did I see?



You guessed it...something that I would love to have in my back yard. The smoker of all smokers. Well not really, just a real nice smoker that I would love to get closer to.

With the smoke wafting out of the stacks I had to make my way over to the wonderful piece of metal. When the doors were opened I stood in awe at its contents. I love the sight of smoked food. I love the smell of smoke. I just love it.



So of course we had to order some of this smoked goodness...



I got two of the three dishes that they were offering. On the Rib Shack menu were Ribs, Pulled Pork and Chicken. I of course had to get the Ribs, because that is the barometer that all BBQ should be measured by. I also ordered the Pulled Pork, just in the mood for pork.



The pulled pork was delicious. Or I should say that mine was. My 10 year old also got pulled pork that was filled with fat and a good portion was not eatable because of it. The flavor was very good though.

The Ribs,...well, not all that tender. I first was a little leery when the gent that was cutting the ribs had a huge meat cleaver and was smacking between the bones...and at times was having a hard time splitting them. They tasted good though, although on a scale of 1-10, I would say these ribs were a 5.

Now the highlight...THE SAUCE. I think that the sauce saved some mediocre ribs, and made the pulled pork wonderful. I would have liked to have a straw and drink the stuff, it was that good.

While this was not near the best Q I have ever had, I do realize that it was on location. The sauce makes me want to go and check this place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment