Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken

Sometimes ya just gotta eat chicken. Oh well, I love chicken, so it is more than just sometimes. A couple of year ago purchased a BBQ Cookbook that looked interesting. Actually, it was released in the 70's, so I thought that it would be a good read if nothing else....

In its pages I found a recipe that called to marinate a chicken over night in sour cream. Now I thought that was strange....for those of you that know a little more about food than I do (which is most of you) it makes sense. So of course I had to try this...and play around with it a bit....




Guess what...yup ya start with a whole chicken that is broke down into 8 pieces...6 if you prefer...we always love the thighs and drummies separate here. Place in a zip lock type freezer bag. I love these bags, they are so versatile when it comes to marinading and such.



Then it is time to add the rest of the ingredients to the bag: Little tub of sour cream, garlic, paprika, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and celery salt. Let this sit in fridge overnight...




Take out of the fridge about 15 minutes before it goes on the grill, just to take chill out of it, but not long enough for salmonella to run rampant (that is my disclaimer)



Place coals and one half of the grill...place chicken on side away from the coals and let alone for about an hour.... Then turn over onto coal side to crisp up a bit. Make sure to cook to an internal temp of 165....



Delicious goodness. Actually this is one of the most moist chicken recipes I have ever tasted...

No comments:

Post a Comment