Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Picamas Hot Sauce


Yum Yum!

Is that a good way to start out a blog about hot sauce? Well this stuff is just plain good. So good in fact I am on my third bottle of it. The sauce originates out of Guatemala, and reading on various places on the web it has quite the following. People harken back to when they were in Guatemala...me I have been to Guatemala and never had this, nor saw this sauce.

Sources say that it comes in two varieties...Green or Red. I have only seen the green myself. It was first purchased on a whim while at a Latino store across the bay. I am always attracted to the hot sauce isle, and saw this strange shaped bottle at a .99 cent price point. Who wouldn't buy a bottle? And then I come to find out on a couple of web sites DR. HOT and Amazon it costs $5.99 to $7.99...really?


If you are looking for a hot hot sauce, this is not it. But it is a sauce that has unbelievabe flavor, I am so happy I bought it, several times. It has a touch of heat, and a slight smokey flavor and a vinegar twinge. Good stuff....

Well....let me tell you something...if you see this buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment