Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jim Beam Original Hot Sauce


Sometimes it may be better to have no expectations....or even low expectations. Well that is how it was with me the other day as I cleaned out one of the kitchen cupboards. I was quite pleased at some my finds. For starters it was a meat injector...now I wondered where that had gotten to...

Another find was a little grouping of bottles. There were different bottles of sauces purchased at an Asian market here...(long past their turning point). To my surprise though were some bottle of hot sauce that appear to have sneaked past my grasp.

After looking the bottles over I decided to open the one with the soonest "Use By" date. You guessed it by the title of this entry, I opened the "Jim Beam Original Hot Sauce". The sauce is Vita Specialty Foods in West Virginia. This company brings all types of sauces and toppings to the market, all with name brand products.

FROM THE COMPANY WEBSITE:
"When it comes to our family of Jim Beam sauces, it’s all about the taste. That’s because we use only authentic ingredients, like genuine Jim Beam Whiskey and real sugar. Jim Beam has been making the world's finest bourbon for seven generations and we’re confident you will thoroughly enjoy these exceptional sauces."

This item also says that the sauce adds a kick of spiciness...

Well this is what I think: The sauce was good. The flavor was nice. It was not all that hot and did not over power. What is my gage? With hot sauces I like to make a bowl of plain white rice so I get the flavor, then I try to figure out what to do with the sauce.

Anyway... although not all that hot, the flavor was good. I would buy it again, (think I got this bottle as a gift pack), but I would not go out of my way to purchase it. The name is misleading, as I did not taste Jim Beam to save my life...I would know as Jim Beam is something that I know a lot about (going to leave that right there).

Don't shy away from this one, but don't go out of your way either. If it falls in your lap....enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment