Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tailgate Baby Back Ribs

There are forums out there dealing with BBQ, and then there are forums. While I have always loved cooking and grilling I always veered away from smoking. Not really sure why. But then about six years, on a clear Florida Christmas Eve....Santa Claus put a smoker under the tree. From that point on I have been hooked.

Same with The Smoke Ring. I have gotten many recipes off this site. It has taken me to many places in cyber word that should me tricks and techniques. On the forum there is an area for throwdowns. This is where basically someone throws out a challenge. Could be anything....I entered one a while back dealing with cooking SPAM (love the stuff).

(a couple of weeks after the throwdown)

So there is a new addition to our house...his name is Mateo. He is our little miracle baby...what does that have to do with the throwdown you ask?....Well, a few days before the throwdown occurred he was diagnosed with something called Tetrology of Fallot. It is a heart condition.

Anyway...I didn't quite feel like posting or doing much of anything as I researched what was happening with my little over a week old boy. That was fifteen days ago...in fact haven't really been here since then.

Update....we saw the Pediatrician yesterday (the 28th), and things are a lot better than originally thought. There is much happiness in this house let me tell you...

Now on to the ribs....

Tailgate Baby Back Ribs



Here is a shot of the ingredients:

Slab of baby back ribs; I had the butcher cut them horizontally for smaller pieces
Can of chicken broth
12 oz beer (yup that is the king)
Olive Oil
Dried Oregano
Paprika
Minced garlic, about 4-6 cloves....to taste is always best
pinch of salt
Couple turns of pepper
One aluminum lasagna pan



Now I took the ribs, that were cut horizontally, and cut them into individual pieces. One bone to a piece. Next step is to mix all of the ingredients in the aluminum pan...then add the ribs.



Put the pan on the grill....




Covered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes....



After ribs are done, just brush with favorite home made...or store bought sauce. These were brushed with "Open Pit". Remember this is a tailgate...so bite sized and easy are the rule for the day...(unless someone else is doing the cleanup and driving, then it is no holds barred)

No comments:

Post a Comment