Friday, February 25, 2011

St. Paul's Pantry Project

This falls under the catch all..."...and Stuff"

I have really been missing things from my past recently. I am not talking about the recent past either. I am talking about when I would run around outside and play all day. I am talking about those days when nothing mattered, you woke up, ate and played....repeat. Then school got tossed in there, but all was still right with the world.

A year ago my Grandmother passed away, and I have been thinking a lot about her. Thoughts of her I am sure are what took me back to my childhood. I lived in the little town where my grandparents (and almost all of my relatives) lived.

I miss my cousins, I miss the Baseball shaped water tower, I miss the curve on Highway 5 as it rolls into town past the NAPA and Glenn's Mobil (Sinclair)...not sure what the latter is called any more.

I could go on and on. But it would be dribble about Little League Baseball, and playing whiffle ball and hanging out with my cousin. So I will spare you all of this, because hopefully we all have these memories tucked away in our psyche to pull out on occasion.



But what I will do is introduce you to the St. Paul's Pantry Cookbook. I saw it reaching for me from the shelf. This will be unlike any other. Most people take "The Joy of Cooking" or Julia Child. Me...it is going to be a good, old fashioned look at where I came from and tastes of old. What a better than to make every recipe in the fun raising cookbook from the church I grew up in.

This project is for you Grandma....and the wonderful people of Arlington Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment