Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KC Masterpiece

Here it is....probably the most recognizable name in the BBQ Sauce world. Or should I say the mass produced BBQ Sauce world. In my little mind it seems as if it has been around forever, and that my Father used to use the stuff....



First check...their web site.... . Yup, I was right. Seems as if the have been around for over 30 years. Well I guess I just could have read the bottle, it says it right there.

KC Masterpiece was born in Kansas City-the heart of barbecue country (some will probably argue that). And 30 years later, we're still Kansas City's #1 sauce. Combine legendary American foods with the thick, rich KC Masterpiece inside this bottle to create your instant classic. It's The Real Deal.


Makes a person kind of want to try this now doesn't it? Taking a quick look at the ingredients on the label: Tomato Puree, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Molasses....and so on. Well, my first thought is that this is going to be sweet, sweet, sweet, it is the whole Corn Syrup thing...



Out of the bottle..smells like bottled sauce, with a hint of smokieness and molasses (feel like I am looking at a bottle of wine). Having a real dark brown color, it pours thick... As far as the taste? The sweetness that I expected was not there....but the flavor wasn't also. It isn't terrible, but I did not find it anything special either. But it was cost effective, so I guess that, and name recognition are the big selling points. (although the flavor is lingering as I right this, which isn't a bad thing).

All in all...not terrible and don't run away from it. If it is what you have, by all means use it. I think I will, on some chicken real soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment